When you are preparing to make a move, whether it is residential or commercial for a business, it is important to know how to pack. The first step is to get all of the right packing supplies for storage, whether you are going to temporary or long-term store your items or if you are just using the Connecticut portable storage as a moving tool. Either way, the storage container will likely be moved, so you need to make sure that your things are properly protected so they won’t get broken during transit. In many ways using a Go Mini Southern New England to facilitate a move is the same as using a regular rented moving truck with regard to the way that things should be packed. The biggest difference is the added convenience that comes from using commercial or residential storage solutions instead of having to load, drive and unload a big truck.
Tips for Loading Boxes
As you begin preparing for storage or moving, make sure to get all of the packing supplies for storage that you are going to need and have them available. That means any packing tape, boxes, large permanent markers for labeling the boxes, scissors, tools, bubble wrap, packing paper and other supplies should all be handy and ready. Once you have everything prepared, you can get to work. If you need any specialty boxes for things like odd-sized artwork or large flat panel televisions, contact Conlon Containers or visit local office supply stores for alternative options.
- Decide how you are going to load the boxes according to your schedule and how much work needs to be done. For residential storage solutions and moving, sometimes going one room or area of the home at a time is best. For commercial services, consider having employees pack everything up in one day and load the portable storage container as each area is completed or hire a packing service to come in and do it for you.
- Don’t overload the boxes as you pack them. Most boxes have a weight limit written on the side so you can avoid common problems that come with overloading. However, the best rule of thumb is to not pack any box over 50 pounds. This will make each box easier to handle, load and move, while ensuring you don’t overload the boxes for Connecticut portable storage or moving solutions.
- Protect your belongings with bubble wrap and packing paper. Make sure that each item is wrapped carefully and placed correctly inside of packing supplies for storage. Whether your things will be inside of commercial or residential storage solutions for a length of time or if they are simply being transported via Go Mini Southern New England to your new location, you need to make sure that things like dishes, pictures, appliances and collectible items are properly packed and protected for the move.
- Make a checklist of all the things you need to pack and keep a spreadsheet of packed boxes. One way to stay organized is to create a list of all the work that needs to be done so you can check it off as each area is completed. Another tip is to use a legal pad or create a spreadsheet of all the packed boxes. Label them by room, but also give each box a number so you can itemize each box on your list and find what you need without having to open up a dozen boxes to find it.
- Pack like items in the same box for easier unpacking at your new location. Keep all of the kitchen things together in one box, all the living room things together in another box and all of the bathroom things together in one box. Beyond that you can also keep all of the fragile things for each from together in a separate box and all of the lightweight things together in another box. Make sure to mark boxes that have fragile items inside of them as being fragile.
- Do not pack, store or move food and perishable items in residential storage solutions. Be careful not to include any food items – including canned or boxed foods – inside of your Connecticut portable storage from Conlon Containers. For a list of other items that cannot be packed, stored or moved according to state and federal law, contact our office directly.
Reserve Storage and Packing Supplies for Storage
If you are planning a move for your commercial or residential property, make sure to contact Conlon Containers to rent a Go Mini Southern New England for your relocation. We have all of the packing supplies for storage and services that you might need in order to properly store and move your belongings. Ask about our commercial and residential storage solutions, as well as our services for local and interstate moves. Give us a call at 508-336-4695 and speak with one of our agents to get a FREE estimate on any of our professional moving and storage services.